The Courage To Shine
In grade school, I decided my destiny from the back of the station wagon traveling from Minnesota to Colorado on a family ski vacation. I knew then I would climb mountains, ski patrol and live in a log cabin. It simply took getting through junior high and high school to stay true to my promise.
In college, I majored in Outdoor Leadership and Natural Science. When I graduated, I decided the world would be a better place if we all woke up and asked "how can I help someone today?" This vision inspired me to start a non-profit and two businesses dedicated to giving back and creating life-affirming experiences.
During my journey, it never occurred to me that I couldn't – call it ignorance or even naïveté. When I had an idea, I could actually see it; I believed in it, and I eventually found my way. Now, I trust that with patience, the road less traveled will take me exactly where I want to go.
My life purpose is to inspire people to dig deep, uncover their natural talent and shine in the process. I prefer to use the outdoors as that unrelenting teacher to face my fears and connect to something much greater than myself. I am moved by the resilience of the human spirit and our innate instinct to help each other. After all, if we don't help each other, who will?
Kim Alyson Reynolds, C.P.C.C.
In 1998 Kim started a non-profit and two businesses dedicated to giving back and cultivating positive change.
- The dZi Foundation: Co-founder. A 501 (c)(3) partnering with under served communities in remote regions of the Himalaya to build local sustainability and leadership.
- Chicks Climbing: Co-founder. Chicks with Picks and Chicks Rock!, nationally renowned women's climbing programs. The experience is so much more than climbing and provides women with the confidence to reach beyond their personal and professional limits. Chicks raised over $200,000 for women's shelters and local organizations; promoting women climbing with women, for women.
- Mind Over Mountains: Founder. Transformational experiences and professional coaching. Motivating topics are woven into team building, outdoor adventure and personal growth.
- Senior Vice President, Think2Perform: Consulting, leadership development and executive coaching.
- Outward Bound Professional Development: Program Manager and Facilitator. Leadership development, team building, problem solving and skills training through outdoor experience, ropes course, orienteering, group initiatives, challenge and personal discovery.
- Be Authentic Leadership: leadership advisor and coach, high potential leadership program.
- The Burger Concinnity Group: executive coach and leadership development.
- Inspire LLC: follow-up coaching and assessments. NSA leadership program.
- Mind Over Mountains Coaching: private practice, one-on-one and team coaching.
- Certified Professional Co-active Coach: The Coaches Training Institute.
- Certified Coach: The Marcus Buckingham StandOut Assessment. Strengths focus.
- Ten-month Leadership Program: The Coaches Training Institute.
Starting at age 19, Kim has combined her spirit of adventure with outdoor education. She followed her heart and found her dream jobs: Antarctic Survival Instructor, Professional Ski Patrol Aspen, Grand Canyon River Guide, Outward Bound Instructor and Course Director, Alaska River Guide, Ice Climbing Instructor and Nepal Trekking Guide.
Kim likes to follow the cycle of water; she leads water ice 5, climbed in the Alaska Range, South America and the Himalaya. She's kayaked class 5 water all over America, Alaska and Nepal. She is an avid backcountry skier and prefers to descend steep couloirs from the summit.
You can now find her riding her town bike in Denver, heading to a yoga class or the swimming pool, walking around Sloans Lake or meditating over an Americano at her favorite coffee shop. She loves the journey and values being an evolving spirit on this planet.